The Research Innovation Group (RIG) manages the intellectual property portfolio and industry contracting activities for Saint Louis University.
RIG’s mission is to increase the adoption and dissemination of SLU research discoveries and intellectual properties and to leverage SLU research and innovation assets to benefit the community. Our goal is to become exceptional at technology transfer and industry engagement as well as a partner of choice for research and intellectual property commercialization.
RIG’s main office is located in CIC@4240 in the heart of the Cortex Innovation Community to better connect with industry and integrate SLU within the region’s innovation and entrepreneurship ecosystem. The Cortex Innovation Community was founded in 2002 through a collaboration among SLU, Washington University in Saint Louis, University of Missouri – St. Louis, BJC Healthcare, and the Missouri Botanical Garden. It is the Midwest’s premier innovation hub for research, development, and commercialization in biosciences and technology. Cortex anchors the St. Louis region’s growing innovation ecosystem for startups and established companies.
The Research Innovation Group at Saint Louis University strives to be fast, efficient, and helpful when serving community members. Let us know how we can best support you as you go pursue Truth. Please don't hesitate to contact us if you need further assistance.
- Understand my obligations to disclose inventions and innovations
- Determine what type of agreement I need
- Download intellectual property disclosure form
- Download material transfer agreement (MTA) intake form
- Download license agreement distribution form
- Learn about the technology transfer process
- Learn about the various options for increasing the dissemination and adoption of my research discoveries.
The Research Innovation Group at Saint Louis University offers support and encouragement to student entrepreneurship, innovation, and research excellence in a variety of ways. All current students are very welcome to contact us if you have any questions.
- Learn about graduate student obligations to disclose intellectual property
- Find out if I have an obligation to disclose intellectual property as an undergraduate student
- Inquire about student worker positions with the Research Innovation Group
- Learn about the Chaifetz Center for Entrepreneurship
- Learn about entrepreneurship degree programs in the Chaifetz School of Business
MEDLaunch is a non-profit biomedical and entrepreneurship incubator partnering with Saint Louis University and other organizations in the Saint Louis area. The goal of MedLaunch is to improve the standard of healthcare through the engineering and design of creative solutions while also fostering a community of entrepreneurship and collaboration at Saint Louis University.
The Research Innovation Group at Saint Louis University is committed to leveraging our research and innovation assets for the benefit of our community. We strive to generate real impact in tackling social and scientific challenges facing our society through partnerships and programs.
The September 2017 Reinventing Research Commercialization Conference
The Research Innovation Group is committed to developing and implementing new approaches to technology transfer. It knows these will be needed to bring transformative discoveries resulting from university research more quickly and effectively to market. To this end, in September 2017, the Research Innovation Group brought together national leaders in technology transfer, regional innovators, entrepreneurs, business managers and advisors at the "Reinventing Research Commercialization Conference" to participate in this reinvention process.
The presentations from this conference are available below.
- "The Academic Venture Exchange," Alan Thomas
- "Commercialization Successes and Challenges," Jed Taylor
- "Saint Louis University: Five Year Research Growth Plan," Ken Olliff
- "Reinventing Research Commercialization," Georgia Tech
- "Advancing Entrepreneurship, Innovation and Technology Transfer," Sethuraman Panchanathan
- "Technology Entrepreneurship Center," Engineering at Illinois
- "Developing and Growing University Based Startups," Rosemarie Truman
Saint Louis University strives to be a partner of choice for university research and intellectual property commercialization. Please contact us if you would like to discuss specific technologies or other opportunities to collaborate with us.
- License a SLU intellectual property
- Sponsor research at Saint Louis University
- Collaborate with SLU on a clinical trial
- Learn about fee-based services offered to industry by SLU faculty
- Sponsor a student thesis project focused on a specific issue or opportunity
- Explore the capabilities of the Bioinformatics Laboratory
- Explore the capabilities of the Genomics Core Facility
- Explore the capabilities of the Protein Core Facility
Search Intellectual Property Portfolio
Use the directory below to browse and search our intellectual property portfolio to identify technologies that may be of interest to you.